Saturday, November 7, 2009

Can heat and humidity make your joints hurt?

My wrist and my ankles are killing me. They have never been this bad. I live in Philly and we are having a heat wave, could this be the reason? What can I do to help it? I tried icy hot and it didn't do much. I am not sure if I am suppose to heat it or ice it. I am only 30 so I have never had this much pain in my joints. My wrist sometimes hurt from the work but nothing like this.
yes dumbass! Just ask andrea she can tell you all about joint pain. LoL we had this convo already. your and old lady. I can't believe you dad said that I was gonna be an old maid soon.
I have osteoarthritis.. when I go to the gym I spend 20 minutes warming up in teh sauna or steam room before I start to workout... just to warm up my joints. I think the cold weather causes me the most trouble.Perhpas you have arthritis too.. try glucosamine. It is thought of as an old person's disease.. but I am not so old.
it's less, but sometimes it can. when winter that's the time most likely oldies hurt their joints
you should really go to the doctors for a check up and some blood work. Joint pain can be rheumatoid arthritis, or a sympton of Lupus SLE. I'm in my 20s and for about 1 year I had joint pain in my wrist and ankles (like you) one and off. I was later diagnosed with Lupus SLE, which is a Autoimmune disease that attacks connective tissues. I really hope you get it checked out, because you can prevent it from getting worse. Something as seemingly simple as joint pain can be a symptom of something more serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

vc .net